People who have contributed to making Erewash more active have been awarded for their efforts.
Around 100 people attended the Erewash Active Lives Awards, organised by the council’s sport and health development team.
Held at Long Eaton Rugby Football Club, the awards celebrated individuals, community groups and clubs that have helped change the lives of local people through physical activity.
The winners were:
- Active Place Award: West Park and Victoria Park.
- Active Life Award: Anna Swain.
- Legacy Leisure Adversity Award: Abbie Breakwell.
- Community Group/Association Award: Long Eaton Rugby Football Club (LERFC).
- Active Volunteer Award: Richard Tilson.
- Project/Initiative/Innovation Award: Ilkeston Joggers.
- Active Coach/Activator Award: Paul Hartley.
- Active Partnership Award: Erewash School Sports Partnership (ESSP).
- Active Young Persons Award: Evie Hartley.
- Special Recognition Award: Chris Brookes
The 20 finalists had made it through to the final selection from a total of 52 nominations.
Cllr Mike Wallis, lead member for culture and leisure at Erewash Borough Council, said: “This year has seen an extremely strong group of contenders for the awards.
“On many occasions the judging panel found it extremely difficult to make a decision.”